If you're not sure or doesn't have an idea how to restore your contacts, then this tutorial will help you how to do it. As a matter of fact, there are two-ways you can restore your contacts in your Galaxy S3 either you can transfer it to your Google Account or to the external storage/ SD card. To do so, follow these steps:
Restore Contacts From Samsung/ Google Account
- You need to be logged in to your Google or Samsung Account.
- From the Home screen, tap the Menu key.
- Choose Settings and tap on the Accounts tab.
- Tap Google or Samsung depending on what account you used to backup your contacts.
- Tap your email address.
- Tap Sync Contacts.
- Tap Sync now.
Restore Contacts from SD Card
- Make sure the microSD card where your contact list was saved is mounted.
- From the Home screen, tap Contacts icon.
- Hit the Menu key and touch import / Export.
- Choose Import from SD card.
- Tap the account where you want to save the contacts.
- Touch Import vCard file. The phone will automatically find any vCard saved in your SD card.
- Tap OK.