Quick fix on Samsung Galaxy S5 Black Screen of Death issue
The black Screen of Death (BSoD) issue is not new to Galaxy S5 and even to the latest android devices available in the market today. As a matter of fact, when S5 was released in 2014 lots of owners sent us complaints because according to them after a few weeks of using their device suddenly became unresponsive and unable to turn on. So, in this post, I have to discuss the possibilities why this issue is happening and what are the methods that you should do to get rid this problem. Here’s how:
Step 1: Perform the so-called Soft reset/ Battery-pull procedure
In troubleshooting with this type of issue, it is imperative that you should verify that a glitch in the system is not causing it. Through battery-pull procedure the memory of your Galaxy S5 will be refreshed and close all unnecessary apps running in the background. After you remove the battery, just press its Power key for 1 minute so that the electricity stored in the capacitors will be released. But after you do so and your S5 won’t power on, then, you can proceed to the next step.
Step 2: Charge your phone to make sure there’s enough power stored in the battery
One of the reasons that the device refused to turn on if the battery is totally-empty. In this method, we have to verify if the power stored in battery is sufficient and able to turn on the device when you do so. You can plug it in to the charger and let it charge for 20-30 minutes and observe closely if your phone is responding or the charging icon appears on the screen. If it is, then, this might be a firmware-related problem and you can resolve it without bringing your device to the tech.
But when the time elapse and your phone is not charging, there is a chance that a hardware problem is causing it. For further troubleshooting, here are the steps that I want you to perform:
- Plug it in to your Computer and observe if it can be recognized or if it is responding.
- Use a new battery to be sure it is not a defective.
- Use a different charger/cable and plug it in to check if the charger or phone itself is defective.
- Inspect if your phone doesn’t have a water-damaged.
Step 3: Restart your phone in Safe Mode
If your phone is responding but unable to boot up successfully, then I suggest that you should reboot it in safe mode to verify if a third-party app is causing it. In this diagnostic state, the pre-installed apps will be running in the system while the third-party ones will be disabled temporarily. So, if your phone turned on it is evident that a culprit is causing it uninstall each app you have downloaded until the issue is resolve.
- Turn the device off.
- Press and hold the Power key.
- When ‘Samsung Galaxy S5′ appears on the screen, release the Power key.
- Immediately after releasing the Power key, press and hold the Volume down key.
- Continue to hold the Volume down key until the device finishes restarting.
- Safe mode will display in the bottom left corner of the screen.
- Release the Volume down key when you see Safe Mode.
Step 4: Attempt to boot in Recovery Mode
If all the methods you performed failed to fix the issue, your last option would be booting your device in recovery mode. Doing this method will power up all hardware components while the android interface won’t be loaded for the meantime. So, even if the device doesn’t have serious hardware issue, then your phone will still boot up. If so, you can do the next method by wiping the system cache partition to be sure all that all of it are updated.
- Turn off the device.
- Press and hold the following three buttons at the same time: Volume Up key, Home key, Power key
- When the phone vibrates, let go of the Power key but continue to press and hold the Volume Up key and the Home key.
- When the Android System Recovery screen appears, release the Volume Up and Home keys.
- Press the Volume Down key to highlight ‘wipe cache partition.’
- Press the Power key to select.
- When the wipe cache partition is complete, ‘Reboot system now’ is highlighted.
- Press the Power key to restart the device.
I hope these methods will help fix the issue