How to Fix on Galaxy S5 Snapchat App keeps on crashing
Don't you worry, these methods are safe and won't ruin your phone or the files and data saved in the internal storage. To start with the troubleshooting, follow these steps:
Step 1: Perform Battery-pull procedureIf there are tons of apps running in the background that would be a reason to consider that Snapchat app is crashing without apparent reason. In this instance, all you need to do is to perform the so-called battery pull procedure. This will close all services and apps running in the background and refreshes phone's memory. Just remove the battery and press the Power button for 10 seconds to discharge all electricity stored in the hardware components.
After you do so, place it back the battery and Power on phone and see if the issue still happening. If the problem continues to persist, proceed to the next method.
Step 2: Delete the Cache and Data of the AppIn this step, we will try to reset the app by deleting all the old files and data on Snapchat. Although there is no guarantee if the issue will be fixed after the method but there were reports from other users saying that after deleting the cache and data of the Snapchat the app is not anymore crashing. Here's how:
- Go to Settings.
- Proceed to Applications.
- Select Manage Applications.
- Tap the All tab.
- Choose the name of the app in question.
- From there, select Clear Cache and Data button.
After you do the method, open again the app and see if the issue still happening. If it is, jump over to the next step.
Step 3: Perform a reset
In doing a reset on your phone will delete all files an data saved on your phone that is why before you do the method be sure to create first a backup. But the good thing about resetting your device is, if this is just a software-related problem this method will surely fix it. Follow these steps:
- Turn off your Galaxy S5.
- Press and hold the Volume Up, Home and Power buttons at the same time until you see the Android on screen.
- Use Volume Down to highlight "wipe data/ factory reset" option and press the Power button to select it.
- Use the Volume Down again to highlight "Yes-delete all user data" and press the Power button to select it.
- Use the Power button to select "Reboot System now."
- When the S5 restarts it should be completely wiped and ready to set up again.
I hope this helps.