Wi-Fi calling is enabled by default. This means your device will connect automatically after you successfully connect to a wireless network.
This guide will help you manage Wi-Fi Calling feature on your Galaxy Note 4 T-mobile version.
One of the first requisites to use Wi-Fi calling is to register your 911 address at T-mobile website. This must be done to avoid getting the REG09 error upon using the feature. After you've successfully registered your 911 address, you may now proceed with the following:
A. Set up your Galaxy Note 4 to use Wi-Fi or mobile networks
Follow these steps to set the connection preference for your Note 4 device and use Wi-Fi calling or mobile networks:
1. Enable Wi-Fi and connect to a Wi-Fi network.
2. Tap Apps from any Home screen to continue.
3. Tap on Settings.
4. Scroll to Network Connections.
5. Tap to select More networks.
6. Slide the Wi-Fi switch right to the ON position, if necessary.
7. Tap on Wi-Fi Calling.
8. Tap on Connection Preferences.
9. You will be prompted with these options: Wi-Fi Preferred, Cellular Network Preferred, and Never Use Cellular Network. Select one of the given options.
B. Enable Wi-Fi and Connect
After setting up a Wi-Fi network on your Galaxy Note 4, the next thing you should do is to turn on Wi-Fi calling or enable the feature and connect to a network. Follow these steps:
1. Tap Apps from the Home screen.
2. Tap on Settings.
3. Tap Wi-Fi under Quick Settings.
4. Tap the Wi-Fi switch to the On position if necessary. When the Wi-Fi is on, the switch moves right and turns green.
5. Now tap the Wi-Fi network you want to use or connect to.
6. Enter the network password, if prompted.
7. Tap Connect to continue.
In case you don't see the network, try scanning for wireless network available. Here's how to scan for a wireless network on the Galaxy Note 4:
a. Tap the Menu key in the upper right corner of the screen.
b. Tap Scan. Doing so will initiate scanning for wireless network(s) in range. Just wait for it to complete then select the network you want to connect to.
Alternately, you can simply tap the + sign or Add Wi-Fi network, to add a network manually.
C. Enable Wi-Fi Calling
Ensure you already have registered your 911 address and connection preferences, then follow these steps to proceed with enabling of the Wi-Fi calling feature:
1. Enable Wi-Fi and connect to a network.
Follow these steps if necessary:
a. Tap on Apps.
b. Tap on Settings.
c. Tap on Wi-Fi under Quick Settings.
d. Tap the Wi-Fi Switch to the ON position.
e. Tap on the Wi-Fi network you want to connect to.
f. Enter the password if prompted.
g. Tap Connect.
2. Turn on Wi-Fi calling, with the following steps:
a. Tap Apps from the Home screen.
b. Tap on Settings.
c. Scroll to and tap on Network Connections.
d. Tap to select More networks.
e. Tap the Wi-Fi Calling switch to turn the feature on. You will know if it's on when the switch moves right and turns green.
After you have successfully enabled both Wi-Fi and Wi-Fi Calling, you can now use Wi-Fi calling on your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 device.